*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

6th Aug 2020 at 7:37 pm

Πανδώρα -

I don't want to spend £3000 on a car.
But it's a good car. And I want it.

Soon I will *need* it.
I don't think its worth throwing any more money at my mazda mum bus. She's getting very tired. I could fix one thing, but the other issues will just poison the new part so it's not really going to be the best use of funds...
I like my car though.
The spring on the rear that refuses to stay seated properly makes her sound like a knackered old ship when you go over bumps, it's immense

Hmm. Need to decide what to do.
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

7th Aug 2020 at 6:12 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i'm glad you didn't get it.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

18th Aug 2020 at 7:12 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Vel, Aug 2020
Tw*t.

That's me
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th Sept 2020 at 11:37 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Ugh, one of my neighbours is listening to blurred lines.

Πανδώρα

| 15,328 posts

27th Sept 2020 at 12:18 am

Πανδώρα -

I need to pee.
But it's so cold.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

6th Oct 2020 at 2:43 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Friend I haven't really spoken to in a while just called me and invited me to interview for a job at the company he works at, as I've said before his job has a lot of things I'd like to do (we have same qualifications, but it's a wide area of extpertise with different job roles under).

I've been working where I am for 12 years now. I am comfortable here, but I do have issues with it, much of which I've raised before but been told there's basically nothing they can do. It's also a small company so I've pretty much gotten to as high a level as I can until one of the bosses retires, which could be another 12 years.

The new job would involve some things I have little experience of, but think I'd be capable of. On the other hand I have most of my current job nailed at this point. But me leaving could have a huge effect on the company given how involved I am in some of our jobs and clients, and it'd be really hard to do that to my bosses.

Pay is similar, benefits are maybe a bit better in the new company... Current company wouldn't be able to offer me anything more given the way things are at the moment, whereas the other company are much larger and involved in a different part of the industry and are largely covid/recession proof.

F*ck, I don't know what to do... Friend told me I shouldn't go for it unless I really wanted it, but I don't know if I really want it or not because I just haven't thought about it, but there's also a ticking clock on the application, would need to submit this week.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Oct 2020 at 2:04 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Dinglebutt, Oct 2020
Friend I haven't really spoken to in a while just called me and invited me to interview for a job at the company he works at, as I've said before his job has a lot of things I'd like to do (we have same qualifications, but it's a wide area of extpertise with different job roles under).

I've been working where I am for 12 years now. I am comfortable here, but I do have issues with it, much of which I've raised before but been told there's basically nothing they can do. It's also a small company so I've pretty much gotten to as high a level as I can until one of the bosses retires, which could be another 12 years.

The new job would involve some things I have little experience of, but think I'd be capable of. On the other hand I have most of my current job nailed at this point. But me leaving could have a huge effect on the company given how involved I am in some of our jobs and clients, and it'd be really hard to do that to my bosses.

Pay is similar, benefits are maybe a bit better in the new company... Current company wouldn't be able to offer me anything more given the way things are at the moment, whereas the other company are much larger and involved in a different part of the industry and are largely covid/recession proof.

F*ck, I don't know what to do... Friend told me I shouldn't go for it unless I really wanted it, but I don't know if I really want it or not because I just haven't thought about it, but there's also a ticking clock on the application, would need to submit this week.

Decided not to go for it. Decided I'll try fight to improve things where I am. Said I'd talk to the bosses today about it.

They asked me for a chat and told me they're closing up the company in a few months and making us redundant.

It'd be funny if it wasn't utterly terrifying.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

Page: