F1 Thread

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

13th Jun 2010 at 9:57 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Was a damn fine race. Not too fussed about hamilton myself, he's got the skills to back up his slight bit of arrogance.

Schumacher is still as dirty as ever, which is nice to see.

Still my man Button is going steady, which is good.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

13th Jun 2010 at 10:42 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

It's wide open. Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Button, Webber... it's gonna be good.

Hamilton == Senna
Button == Prost

Discuss.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

13th Jun 2010 at 10:47 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

The more the season goes on, the more I think Button will win the title. At the start of the season I'd have said one of the Red Bulls, and there are still some very fast circuits coming up where they should annihilate everyone (they'll take the p*ss at Silverstone and Hockenheim), but McLaren are getting closer to them all the time, and won today on raw pace rather than the previous McLaren wins this season being on clever strategy/RB f*ck ups.

Hamilton still has a tendency to overdrive his car at times (though not as much as he used to), Alonso's Ferrari isn't quick enough yet, Webber and Vettel will fall out and become paranoid about the other man, but Button is still the most consistent and smooth driver out there, which will come in to play when it's hot.

I've missed 1 GP since 1995, and in all that time, I've never seen Schumacher perform so poorly. The testing ban is really hurting him from the point of view of being able to develop the car like in the Ferrari days. Despite his tyre woes, he was well off the pace and was throwing his car around like an amateur. I like a bit of fight in a driver, but today was more clumsly than aggressive.

Edit - Stu, Schumacher is under investigation for 2 different incidents (Kubica, and Failipe Massa)

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

13th Jun 2010 at 10:50 pm

Outside-left

Quote: LoonyPandora, Jun 2010
It's wide open. Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel, Button, Webber... it's gonna be good.

Hamilton == Senna
Button == Prost

Discuss.

In terms of ability, I wouldn't put them on the same level, but in terms of their racing style, I would put it as you have. Hamilton races with his heart and just goes for it (like Senna), whereas Button races with his head and can map out a race to achieve his end goal (like Prost).

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

13th Jun 2010 at 10:58 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

I think Schu should get done for Massa incident, but not for Kubica - that was just hard racing. He shouldn't have got penalised in Monaco either...

And yeah, terms of skill they aren't the same level - but styles and relative to the rest of the field.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

13th Jun 2010 at 11:03 pm

Outside-left

Aye, the Massa incident is cut and dry - he moved more than once (drive through) AND caused an accident from it (so I reckon he'll either be disqualified from todays race, or be docked grid spots for Valencia).

Silvan

| 3,776 posts

14th Jun 2010 at 8:29 am

Silvan - Aurals Velupide!

Aurals Velupide!

My first thought once the race was over was 'Bloody Hamilton!'. Good race though.

I'm hoping Red Bull win it overall.
What can I say? I did it all for the Wookies.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

21st Jun 2010 at 4:25 am

Outside-left

Did anyone watch the MotoGP today? The new section at Silverstone looks very good, with some decent action going on. In parts, the rest of the track looked a bit sketchy, but it's a work in progress apparently.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page